Follow Me

Monday, October 2, 2023

A Polite Goodbye

Bismillah.

A friend from slowly, sent this to me...

 

"...Since I have more free time now I want to focus on my language studies. I hope I can read more as well. So I'll stop using slowly as it takes me a lot of time and mental power to write. Thank you for all the lovely letters you've sent me, it was great talking to you. May Allah bless you with lots of goodness. Take care~ 💐"


***


Sad but... I know every meeting has its own separation. Honestly I can't stop myself from overthinking.


Do something I said, somehow annoy her?


I tried, to connect with her with other option outside slowly, but she doesn't use social media anymore.


Perharps, it is really a goodbye. And I need to let go this overthinking which sometimes drag me into something negative.


***


She said, it takes a lot time and mental power to write in slowly. I agree about that too. That's why, I'm taking slowly as slow as I possibly could. Just hoping the one waiting there not getting tired and choose to stop answering my letter.


But her decision to stop, I think that's what make us different. Perhaps, cause I love writing, and I need it too.. That's why even if it's not easy to write a sincere and honest letter, trying to connect with someone you've never and might be will never met, I choose to still use it. Despite sometimes, getting tired of it. 


I know for sure, it's better than scrolling on social media, or youtube short. With letters from slowly, they remind me how to answer a shallow "how are you". And how honest would I be, when I have choice to pretend to be who i am not. It reminds me to act upon my writing, cause someone else really read it. It's different, in this blog, sometimes, I still think the only reader is just me, Allah, and maybe google crawler wkwkwk.


Anyway, a goodbye is a goodbye. Thank you also for all the letters. I hope you achieve what want, and maybe even better than what you imagine. Nice to meet you. Bye 5!


Wallahua'lam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ditunggu komentarnya